|Research Areas |
|Membrane Science and Technology, Polymers and Polymer-Based Membranes, Gas and Liquid Separations, Carbon Capture, Polymer Materials, Quality and Accreditation in Engineering Education |
|Scientific and Professional Memberships |
Turkish Chamber of Chemical Engineers (KMO)
American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Engineering Programs (MÜDEK) (Founding Member)
European Membrane Society (EMS)
|Professional Positions, Awards and Scholarships |
- Member of Administrative Council, European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education (ENAEE), January 2016-present.
- Member of Advisory Board, Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Engineering Programs (MÜDEK), January 2014-present.
- Member of Strategic Planning Committee, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, October 2015-present.
- Member of Curriculum Committee, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, October 2015-present, 2001-2004, 1994-1997.
- Advisor to the ITU Rector, September 2000-August 2004.
- Co-Chair of ITU Senate Accreditation Committee, January 2003-November 2004.
- Member of Advisory Board, ITU Development Foundation Schools, September 2000-July 2005.
- Vice-Chair, ITU Dept. of Chemical Engineering, December 1993-March 1997.
- First Place in Student Paper Contest, North American Membran Society (NAMS) Third Annual Meeting, 1989.
- Fulbright Research Scholarship, University of Texas, Austin, Department of Chemical Engineering, September 1998-June 1999.
- Teaching and Research Assistantship, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1984-1990.
- Turkish Government Scholarship for Graduate Study in the USA, 1983.
| ||1) Velioğlu, S., Ahunbay, M. G., Tantekin-Ersolmaz, S. B., “An atomistic insight on CO2 plasticization resistance of thermally rearranged 6FDA-bisAPAF”, Journal of Membrane Science, 556, 23-33 (2018). |
|2) Ahunbay, M. G., Tantekin-Ersolmaz, S. B., Krantz, W. B., “Energy optimization of a multistage reverse osmosis process for seawater”, Desalination, 429, 1-11 (2018). |
|3) Atalay-Oral, Ç, Tokay, B., Erdem-Ṣenatalar, A., Tantekin-Ersolmaz, S. B., “Ferrierite-poly(vinyl acetate) mixed matrix membranes for gas separation: A comparative study”, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 259, 17-25 (2018). |
|4) Velioğlu, S., Tantekin-Ersolmaz, S. B., Chew, J.W., “Towards the generalization of membrane structure-property relationship of polyimides and copolyimides: A group contribution study”, Journal of Membrane Science, 543, 233-254 (2017). |
|5) Ahmadi, M., Tas, E., Kılıç, A., Kumbaracı, V., Talınlı, N., Ahunbay, M. G., Tantekin-Ersolmaz, Ş. B., “Highly CO2 Selective Microporous Metal-Imidazolate Framework Based Mixed Matrix Membranes”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 9, 35936-35946 (2017). |